Tuesday, January 18, 2011

digitalize yourSELF

Compositionally, I tried to balance organic shapes with geometric giving each piece a nice flow so your eye can move around each easily. I also think each has a nice balance between dark and light giving your eye a nice resting place, they're busy but not too busy. I tried to approach each in a similar way so they could be cohesive; layering, pallet, line, etc.

My image is about myself and my interests, what makes up me. The first is an image of my thumb print. I used that print in a pattern-like floral print because its a recurring style in my work. In the second is an image of my hand and a piece I made in construction and fabrication because I really enjoy working with my hands.

Method: I scanned each image separately and layered them in photoshop.

I was motivated to make these images for myself because the project was to express yourself in an altered way.

No comments:

Post a Comment