Thursday, January 20, 2011



HDR
Composition: I used the frame to capture the headboard of my bed along with the window as the center of my focus. My cat just happened to be lying on my bed so I thought that added another interesting element to the picture and wanted to be sure to capture it. I turned off all the lights in my room to be sure I captured the natural light from the window.
Concept/Aboutness/Idea: I like the personal homey feel of the inside of my bedroom juxtaposed to the outside cold, dreary looking world and wanted to really put that on display in this image. Because HDR is already an unreal looking concept this two elements really pushed that.
Method: I bracketed several images of my bedroom from very long shutter speeds to very fast in order to have enough images to mold into one.
Motivation: Like what I said about my concept, my goal was to capture two opposite scenes and have you especially question the HDR composition.
Extension: I could use this image as part of a series of other unreal scenarios. Cozy bedroom, not so cozy outdoors, or visa versa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment